When battling diabetes, most seniors carefully monitor their blood sugar and eat nutrient rich meals that help them maintain their health. However, they likely have not overcome their fondness for enjoying rich desserts every now and then.
This low bake peanut butter pie, a favorite at Home Care Assistance in Bridgewater, lets your senior loved one indulge in a rich dessert without undue stress or fear of blood sugar spikes.
Peanut Butter Pie Ingredients
Crust (nine inch)
1.5 cups of graham cracker crumbs
2 teaspoons of unsweetened cacao powder (optional)
3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt (e.g. Fage)
8 ounces (1 cup) of softened low-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon of pure stevia extract
16 ounces of heavy whipping cream
6 ounces of chopped peanuts (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all of the ingredients for the piecrust in a medium-sized bowl. Carefully press the mixture into a nine-inch pie pan and bake it for five minutes.
- Whip together the heavy cream with 1/2 a teaspoon of stevia extract in a large bowl and set aside.
- Blend together the peanut butter, cream cheese, and the other half of the stevia extract in a large bowl.
- Fold half of the whipped cream mixture into the pie filling.
- Spread the filling into the piecrust.
- Top the pie with the remaining whipped cream and garnish with optional chopped peanuts.
- Served chilled.
Would you like to learn more about senior nutrition? Reach out to the senior care experts at Home Care Assistance. We proudly offer live-in and part-time senior care in Bridgewater, and our caregivers can grocery shop, prepare, and cook meals in accordance to your senior loved one’s dietary needs. Our caregivers can also assist with transportation, medication reminders, personal grooming, and provide support and companionship. Give us a call at (908) 450-9400 to schedule a no-obligation in-home consultation with one of our friendly Care Managers.